Dungeness is a private estate and a National Nature Reserve and you must obtain the permission of the owners before filming or photographing. Permission will be granted at the discretion of the owners. In order to obtain this permission you must read these notes carefully and complete the booking section. If you have any queries please telephone the BNP Paribas Real Estate help desk (0844 736 9654).
You will be required to:
1. Advise the subject matter of the production
2. Advise the desired date of filming/photography
3. Give full contact details for the company / organisation / individual carrying out the filming / photography
4. Comply with insurance requirements as detailed in the FAQ section
5. Agree to comply with the rules of the National Nature Reserve and the Dungeness Code of Conduct described below. In particular, no fires or disturbance of the shingle is permitted
6. Complete the Filming Licence application form and Risk Assessment form
7. Pay a fee in advance – once your application to film / photograph is accepted.
Anyone carrying out commercial filming or photography on the Estate without permission may:
1. Not own the copyright of their films and photographs which may pass to the owners
2. Invalidate their own insurance policies
3. Render them liable to be stopped by the authorised agents of the estate and officers of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary.
A CODE OF CONDUCT
The Shingle Area of Dungeness is a unique wildlife habitat and is of international importance. It is also very fragile and easily damaged. Dungeness is a National Nature Reserve and this Code of Conduct must be followed at all times when filming or photographing. Because Dungeness is a Site of Special Scientific Interest you could be liable to a fine of up to £25,000 if, without reasonable excuse, you intentionally or recklessly destroy, damage or disturb the flora, fauna or shingle ridges.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE APPLYING
Read our section FAQ which should deal with most of your queries. If you require further assistance please telephone the BNP Paribas help desk (0844 736 9654).
WHAT YOU MUST DO WHEN FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHING
Dungeness is an area where people live and work. Please respect their privacy. Do not disrupt routines of residents and local fishermen. Keep noise to a low level. All vehicles must remain on the roads and must not drive across or onto the shingle under any circumstances. Do not park in the entrance of tracks to houses.
WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED FILMING OR PHOTOGRAPHING
Take all rubbish away and dispose of it correctly.